- Request Policy
- Classroom Technology
- ICC/Lohrfink Auditorium
- Video Teleconference
- WICS (PDF)
CETS' Policy For Submitting Service Requests
To provide a more streamlined classroom experience, CETS has revised its service request policy for classroom technology. This change affects all users of CETS' classroom services and we ask you to become familiar with it. If you have any questions about this policy, please call CETS at 687-7491 for assistance.
Monday through Friday, during the Spring and Fall Semesters, CETS will open and test all classroom technology cabinets prior to the first scheduled class. CETS will shut down and lock these cabinets after the last scheduled class. The Office of the University Registrar's class schedule will determine the times of the first and last classes for each classroom. Because of this policy, all regularly scheduled, weekday classes during the Spring and Fall semesters will no longer need to submit CETS technology service requests for the equipment installed in the classrooms. Please note that weekend classes do not fall under this new policy; you must still submit a request for weekend service.
Although fewer patrons will have to submit technology service requests for their classes, circumstances still exist that require a service request for access to classroom technology. Some examples of these circumstances are:
- Patrons needing technology that is not standard to the classroom
- Standard technology: PC, Internet, Video Projector, VHS, DVD, VGA Laptop connection, Classroom Software
- Non-Standard Technology: Video Teleconference, Skype, iClicker, Lecture Capture, etc.
- Patrons needing technology on weekends and university holidays.
- Patrons needing technology during final exam periods, summer sessions, pre-session, and intersession.
- Patrons needing technology for events that are not regularly scheduled classes listed by course number in the Registrar's schedule of classes. This includes sanctioned student groups, class review sessions, make-up classes, film-screenings, and other similar non-class events.
- Patrons needing technology for regularly scheduled classes that are held in conference rooms, outside the assigned classroom, or outside the hours in the Registrar's published schedule.
- Patrons borrowing loan equipment for pick up and return in ICC 121.
CETS has transitioned to a new scheduling system, the Aviator Scheduling Database. We have designed this system to increase the efficiency and transparency of scheduling. Patrons will be able to make requests, review and edit their request before submitting it, and receive request and set-up ID numbers for reference. Patrons will also be able to see all their previously submitted requests, as well as, all their upcoming classroom set-ups. After the fall semester transition period, Aviator is now the sole online method of placing requests and and reviewing scheduled set-ups. By signing in to Aviator with your Georgetown Net ID and password, you will be able to view the same scheduling information that CETS relies upon to service your classes. If you experience any problems, please call our front desk at 687-7491; you can inform us about the problem, and make your request over the phone. All requests for Spring 2013 and beyond need to use the Aviator Database.Thank you and have a great semester!
Please note, you must have a room already assigned by the University Registrar before making a classroom technology request. For more information, see University Registrar Classroom Reservations, or call the University Registrar at (202) 687-4020.
The Workshop Institute and Conferences request form is available by clicking here. After it opens, please print it, complete it, and send it back to us. WICS services require a 10 day advance notice. These services are subject to charges and a GU Budget number or other method of payment is required to complete this form. More information about the availibility and costs for WICS services can be found under the Workshop, Institutes, and Conferences tab, located on our Auxilary & Video Service Page.
The CETS Fax number (for completed forms) is: (202) 687-5879
|Mailing address:||Classroom Educational Technology Services|
|121 ICC, Georgetown University|
|37th & O Streets, N.W.|
|Washington, DC 20057|