CETS will be closed Monday, July 4, 2022 in observance of Independence Day
Classroom Technology Training with CETS
Throughout August and the beginning of Fall semester, CETS can give you a tour of your classroom and its baseline operations for in-person teaching—including joining Zoom for recording, connecting your own device, and understanding the classroom audio. We strongly encourage you to explore your classroom prior to the start of classes to familiarize yourself with the upgraded environment.
To schedule classroom technology training, email CETS. If desired, you can also include a request for our partners at the Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship (CNDLS) to join and discuss best practices in the space.
Georgetown’s Classroom Educational Technology Services (CETS) manages classroom spaces and provides educational technology for teaching and learning to main campus classes scheduled by the Office of the University Registrar (OUR).
Our goal is to partner with Georgetown faculty and students to advance excellence in Georgetown University’s classrooms. CETS strives to provide equipment, consultations, training, and other classroom services on a personalized basis.
Phone: (202) 687-7491
Help Line: (202) 687-0131
Email: CETS Operations firstname.lastname@example.org (For faculty support, training, etc.) Please list Building, Classroom, Description of issue, and the Day/ Time assistance is needed (ex: ICC 205A need Zoom training Feb 22nd at 3:15pm).
Email CETS email@example.com (All other correspondence)
For online assistance, connect with us via our Zoom Help Desk Meeting ID 995-332-8350 between 8am-9pm Monday-Friday and Saturday 8am-6pm, Sunday 10am- 5pm. No appointment needed, just drop in!
You can also call +1 646 558 8656. You will be asked to enter the Meeting ID.
Need help getting your technology set up? Need help using Zoom or Canvas?
- During the Fall and Spring semesters, CETS will open and test all classroom technology prior to the first scheduled class Monday-Friday.
- CETS will shut down and lock up this technology after the last scheduled class each day.
- The OUR’s Schedule of Classes determines the times of the first and last classes for each classroom.
- Class-related meetings not published in the Schedule of Classes (e.g., those outside regularly assigned classrooms or instruction times) will require a submitted technology request form.
- If requested and available, CETS will provide loan equipment for pick-up and return in ICC 121 to events held in locations other than classrooms containing our installed technology (e.g., department conference rooms, labs, lounges, etc.).
- CETS accepts technology service requests for events that are not related to scheduled classes. However, any service for these events must fall within our scheduled hours, utilize our installed technology or loan equipment picked up and returned in ICC 121, and is dependent upon our staffing for the time of the request. Scheduled classes will always receive our priority.
- All non-class programs and events hosting guests from outside the University will be directed to our division of Workshops, Institutes and Conference Services (WICS), which provides technology services for a fee. If WICS is unable to provide services, non-University programs will be directed to Optimum Audio 202-618-2017.