Classroom Educational Technology Services (CETS) manages classroom spaces and provides educational technology for teaching and learning to main campus classes scheduled by the Office of the University Registrar (OUR). Our goal is to partner with Georgetown faculty and students to advance excellence in Georgetown University’s classrooms. CETS strives to provide equipment, consultations, training, and other classroom services on a personalized basis.
CETS will be closed the following dates:
- Monday, January 18, 2021 (Martin Luther King, Jr Day observed)
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021 (Inauguration Day)
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021-CETS is available virtually only from 9am-9pm
During Georgetown University’s Instructional Continuity, CETS will be operating in a virtual environment.
EMS technology reservations are not being accepted at this time.
For assistance connect with us via our Zoom help desk Meeting ID 995-332-8350 between 9am-9pm Monday-Friday and Saturday 8am-6pm.
No appointment needed, just drop in!
You can also call +1 646 558 8656.
Phone: (202) 687-7491
Help Line: (202) 687-0131
Need help getting your technology set up? Need help using Zoom or Canvas?
Visit our YouTube channel for the latest videos.
- During the Fall and Spring semesters, CETS will open and test all classroom technology prior to the first scheduled class Monday-Friday.
- CETS will shutdown and lock up this technology after the last scheduled class.
- The OUR’s Schedule of Classes determines the times of the first and last classes for each classroom.
- Class-related meetings not published in the Schedule of Classes, e.g. those outside regularly assigned classrooms or instruction times, will require a submitted technology request form.
- If requested and available, CETS will provide loan equipment for pick-up and return in ICC 121 to events held in locations other than classrooms containing our installed technology (e.g., department conference rooms, labs, lounges, etc.).
- CETS accepts technology service requests for events that are not related to scheduled classes. However, any service for these events must fall within our scheduled hours, utilize our installed technology or loan equipment picked up and returned in ICC 121, and is dependent upon our staffing for the time of the request. Scheduled classes will always receive our priority.
- All non-class programs and events hosting guests from outside the University will be directed to our division of Workshops, Institutes and Conference Services (WICS), which provides technology services for a fee. If WICS is unable to provide services, non-University programs will be directed to Optimum Audio 202-618-2017.