Classroom Educational Technology Services (CETS)
CETS provides educational technology for teaching and learning to main campus classes scheduled by the Office of the University Registrar.
CETS services are threefold:
1) supply a variety of educational technology in support of classes,
2) maintain and troubleshoot the technology and
3) train faculty and students in the use of the technology.
Classroom Educational Technology Services (CETS) provides educational technology for teaching and learning to main campus classes scheduled by the Office of the University Registrar. Our goal is to partner with Georgetown faculty and students to advance excellence in Georgetown University's classrooms.
CETS strives to provide equipment, consultations, training, and other classroom services on a personalized basis. We assign Technology Zone Mangers to your classroom to meet this goal. To further facilitate access to educational technology, Monday thru Friday all built-in classroom equipment will be open and available for courses listed in the Office of the University Registrar's Fall or Spring semester Schedule of Classes. Other class-related meetings not published in the Schedule of Classes, e.g. those outside regularly assigned classrooms or instruction times, will require a submitted technology request form. This form is available in the navigation menu on this page.
If requested and available, CETS will provide loan equipment for pick-up and return in ICC 121 to events held in locations other than classrooms containing our installed technology (e.g., department conference rooms, labs, lounges, etc.).
Further, as a service to the greater university community, CETS accepts technology service requests for events that are not related to scheduled classes. However, any service for these events must fall within our scheduled hours, utilize our installed technology or loan equipment picked up and returned in ICC 121, and is dependent upon our staffing for the time of the request. Scheduled classes will always receive our priority.
All non-class programs and events hosting guests from outside the University will be directed to our division of Workshops, Institutes and Conference Services (WICS), which provides technology services for a fee. If WICS is unable to provide services, non-University programs will be directed to Optimum Audio 202-618-2017.
Mission statement Classroom Educational Technology Services
Classroom Educational Technology Services (CETS), a division of the Office of the University Registrar, supports and encourages faculty, students, and staff in the application of educational technology and media to teaching and learning at Georgetown University.
- Provides classroom information technology leadership and services for faculty, students, and staff on the main campus.
- Provides faculty, students, and staff expertise, guidance, and instruction in the use of varied classroom educational technology.
- Collaborates with the University community to integrate and support technology and media use in teaching and learning spaces.
- Innovates the design of campus classrooms and other learning spaces in collaboration with the Office of the University Registrar, and upgrades technology in these spaces to keep pace with the demands of teaching and learning in a global society.
- Educates its users in the integration of emerging technology and applications to support faculty teaching and enrichment of student learning and research.