Classroom Educational Technology Services (CETS)
Summer Services, May 2017
CETS provides educational technology for teaching and learning to main campus classes scheduled by the Office of the University Registrar. CETS services are threefold:
1) supply a variety of educational technology in support of classes,
2) maintain and troubleshoot the technology and
3) train faculty and students in the use of the technology.
Who does CETS service:
CETS supports classes that have an assigned course number by the Office of the University Registrar. CETS will make every effort to assist University programs and events that are not classes but are held in regular classrooms during CETS operating hours. CETS will provide, if available, equipment for pick-up for programs and events held in locations other than classrooms (department conference rooms, labs, lounges, etc.). All non-class programs and events hosting guests outside the University will be directed to our division of Workshops, Institutes and Conference Services (WICS) who provide technology services for a fee. If WICS is unable to provide services, non-University programs will be directed to Optimum Audio 202-618-2017.
Where does CETS service:
Main Campus rooms scheduled by the Office of the University Registrar. Equipment, if available, may be offered for pick-up for use in all other locations.
When does CETS offer service:
CETS follows the University calendar. CETS is closed on University holidays and operates on limited hours during official University breaks.
CETS Summer Hours
5/15 – 5/21 5/22 – 8/11
Department Hours Classroom Service Office Hours
Monday - Thursday 8:00am – 7:00pm 8:00am – 10:00pm 9:00am – 8:00pm
Friday 8:00am – 7:00pm 8:00am – 7:00pm 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday Closed 9:00am – 6:00pm 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday Closed Closed Closed
Procedures for obtaining service:
To obtain CETS services, a request should be made two business days in advance. We recommend the instructor make the request and not an office administrator so that we get an accurate booking of their technology needs. Requests can be made on line (http://cets.georgetown.edu/classroom.html), by telephone (687-7491) or in person in ICC 121.
Mission statement Classroom Educational Technology Services
Classroom Educational Technology Services (CETS), a division of the Office of the University Registrar, supports and encourages faculty, students, and staff in the application of educational technology and media to teaching and learning at Georgetown University.
- Provides classroom information technology leadership and services for faculty, students, and staff on the main campus.
- Provides faculty, students, and staff expertise, guidance, and instruction in the use of varied classroom educational technology.
- Collaborates with the University community to integrate and support technology and media use in teaching and learning spaces.
- Innovates the design of campus classrooms and other learning spaces in collaboration with the Office of the University Registrar, and upgrades technology in these spaces to keep pace with the demands of teaching and learning in a global society.
- Educates its users in the integration of emerging technology and applications to support faculty teaching and enrichment of student learning and research.